Adopt your new best friend!
* Adopted animals cannot go home until they are sterilized. Animals are sterilized after adoption on the next available surgery date.
* For the final adoption to occur, all members of the household, including other dogs (if you are interested in a dog,) will need
to meet the potential new addition to your family.
* Please bring your current photo identification, either
California Driver's license, or California Identification card.
* If you rent, make sure to include your landlord or property
manager's information, as we will contact them before any
adoption goes through.
* In order for any adoption to be finalized, you will have to provide proof of address, if your identification doesn't have the address,
you may provide a utilities bill, or a lease agreement.
We stop paperwork and adoptions a half hour before closing.
Please be aware that we do not hold animals; there is no guarantee the animal will still be available when you come back, as we do not hold animals if the application is not fully approved.
Be sure to give consideration to our many special needs animals, which due to neglect, require some extra "TLC" and commitment. These pets are anxious to find a loving home.
Be sure to check out our Events page to find out the upcoming adoption events or specials
1. Download and complete Adoption Application from the below button.
Click the PDF button below to download our adoption application
2. Return application by e-mail to:
Note: We keep completed applications on file for 6 months.
If you have already completed an application, no need to fill out a new one, just give us a call: (510) 293 - 7200 and tell us your name, we will look up your application and pick up where you left off in the adoption process.
3. An adoption counselor will be in touch usually within 1 - 4 days.
See available dogs here.
Dog Adoption Fees:
Dog adoptions include a 5 in 1 canine vaccination, Bordatella vaccination, rabies vaccination, microchip for identification, sterilization and Hayward dog license (for Hayward residents only.)
See available cats here.
Cat Adoption Fees:
Cat adoptions include a 5 in 1 feline vaccination, sterilization, a cardboard cat carrier, and a microchip
See available animals here.
Rabbit Adoption Fees:
Male or Female $50.00
Rabbit adoptions include the sterilization and cardboard carrier for transport.
We also have other types of animals for adoption such as hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, birds, and reptiles. These adoptions begin at $20.00.